Monday, June 22, 2009

"Sleep is a symptom of caffeine deprivation." -Unknown author (via @anncurry)

In college, I consumed coffee like a panda consumes bamboo (20-30 lbs of bamboo a day!). Sometimes, I found myself replacing meals with coffee (the lowest points of my life.)

These days, I only need one glass of coffee a day to keep me vibrant.

I'm bringing this up because I sort off miss the carefree days of college where the main sources of stress came from upcoming exams and research papers yet to be started the night before the deadline. And I miss finding creative ways to study at work, volunteering with PREP, and especially the PREP students!

But most of all, I miss the ladies of BMV. The apt. has to be emptied by the end of the month. I lived with those lovely ladies for three wonderful years. And in those three years, we laughed incessantly, cried together sometimes, inebriated ourselves to the point of no return, and supported and encouraged each other everyday.

I also can't think about BMV without mentioning the guys upstairs who practically lived with us and basked with us in Westwood with our rose-tinted glasses.

Together, we are "Friends" incarnate. Maybe better.

"I'm a movement by myself but I'm a force when we're together."
- Ptolemy (j/k...)


X-mas before we instituted the $1.00 per gift rule.

After the hike, we went to Arby's.

O Bar

Our last hurrah together before M. moved to Chicago and before I migrated North.


The cutest and most provocative member of our family, Julian.

1 comment:

mS said...

that was tearful.